Browsing issues: Submarine cable fault affects PTCL broadband service
The IMEWE is an ultra-high capacity fiber optic cable system which links India and Europe via Middle East. Their three fiber pair system with total length of approximately 12,091 kilometres has nine terminal stations of nine telecom carriers from eight countries, including Pakistan.
The cable fault has occurred somewhere between UAE and Karachi. The highest number of broadband users affected by this submarine cable fault belongs to the PTCL.
According to the figures from June 2014, Pakistan has 3.79 million broadband users out of which 80% are the PTCL customers – a fact which tells about the magnitude of people affected by this major breakdown.
According to the PTCL Corporate Communication General Manager Imran Janjua, maintenance activity by the IMEWE consortium on the undersea cable is in progress.
- 19 die as passenger bus plunges into ravine in Balochistan01:00 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- PM Shehbaz suspends ‘illegal’ FED at airports09:41 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022