IS-linked man arrested in Lahore
LAHORE (Staff Report) - The law enforcement agencies Thursday arrested a person alleged of having links with Syria and Iraq based militant group Islamic State.
The suspect identified as Mehr Hamid was working as superabundant in Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and arrested in a raid from Johar Town area of Lahore.
According to media reports Hamid is accused of providing sensitive information of public documents to ISIS/ISIL while his wife, Farhana, worked as a recruiter for the terrorist group.
In the last few months Farhana sent at least ten fighters to Syria to join ISIS and she herself flew to Syria as well.
Reports further said while quoting unnamed sources that an FIR of Farhana's abduction was also registered in Wahdat Colony police station on the complain of a person named as Imran. Two other FIRs of kidnappings of the ten missing people, who allegedly went to Syria to fight for Islamic State group, have also been registered in Hanjarwal and Township police stations.
It is also pertinent to be mentioned here that raid comes just days after Counter Terrorism Depatment arrested eight IS-linked people from Sialkot's Daska Tehsil. The suspects were previously associated with Hafiz Saeed's Jamaat-ud-Dawa group.
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan marks Youm-e-Istehsal to express solidarity with oppressed ...01:31 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Front foot no-ball technology to be used for Pakistan-Pakistan tests01:04 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ is No. 1 on Billboard's charts with a ...05:54 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- I have received many marriage proposals from Pakistan: Cengiz Coskun04:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020