Non-bailable arrest warrants for Mustafa Kanju issued
On April 1, 2015 Mustafa Kanju allegedly opened fire on a vehicle near Lahore’s Cavalry Ground area, killing 16-year-old Zain and leaving a pedestrian injured. However, he was acquitted by an anti-terrorism court for the lack of evidence.
Judicial Magistrate Akram Azad has now ordered North Cantt Police to arrest Kanju and present him before the court.
During the course of proceeding, investigation officer informed the court that the case against Kanju is registered at his police station for possessing an illegal Kalashnikov. The weapon was also allegedly used in Zain murder case, he added.
A prosecutor appearing before the court submitted that Kanju never appeared before the court to prove his innocence in this matter. He prayed the court to issue arrest warrants for him.
- Will Saboor Aly and husband Ali Ansari work together in an upcoming ...12:10 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Election Commission starts proceeding to remove Imran Khan as PTI ...11:48 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Cabinet approves resignations of Lt Gen Faiz Hameed, Lt Gen Azhar ...11:34 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Babrik Shah's three-year-old son passes away in a tragic accident11:12 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Alizeh Shah's 'summer pictures' raise temperature in winter07:59 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022