Singer Adnan Sami gets Indian citizenship finally
The citizenship was granted under law of neutralisation lieu of his distinguished service to the cause of art and will be effective from January 1, 2016.
The singer had formally filed an application with Indian government seeking citizenship of the country after having given up Pakistani nationality. Pakistani authorities also cancelled his passport in November this year.
Adnan Sami Khan had not renewed his Pakistani passport since 2012 and was residing in India for over a decade.
A foreigner is eligible to receive citizenship under the Indian Citizenship Act, provided he has delivered eminent service to the cause of science/technology, philosophy, art, literature, world peace or human progress.
- PAKvENG, 2nd Test – Babar Azam dismissed early as Pakistan resume ...10:32 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Netherlands out of World Cup after losing to Argentina on penalties10:14 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Azam Swati’s farmhouses sealed over illegal construction09:44 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill four TTP militants in KP operation09:14 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022