VIDEO: Cross-dresser faces prison or lashing in Saudi Arabia
He could be sentenced to up to six months in prison or a public flogging.
According to details the man in his 20s wearing an ‘abaya’ a traditional Muslim women’s clothing compulsory for all women in Saudi Arabia.
He was arrested in a shopping mall in the city of Taef in western Saudi Arabia.
Puzzled by his appearance, one of the visitors followed him and discovered that he was a man.
Visitor subsequently reported to Shariah Police who were in the shopping mall.
The officers checked the cross-dresser’s identity and confirmed that he was really a man. He was then expelled from the mall and taken into police custody.
The motives for the cross-dressing remain unknown.
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Abid Riaz off to Dubai to attend AIBA meeting12:55 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022