At least 12 killed as suicide bomber strikes Afghan funeral
The incident took place during the funeral of Haska Mena’s ex-district governor in Jalalabad city, in which at least 12 people lost their lives and 14 others were injured, the BakhtarNews reported.
"The latest death toll has jumped to 12 and 14 wounded," Nangarhar governor spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said.
An earlier statement from the governor's office said six people had been killed and 11 wounded.
The injured have been timely shifted to Nangarhar hospital. The toll is likely to increase.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack in Nangarhar where Daesh has a stronghold.
It comes days after Daesh claimed an assault on a Shia cultural centre in Kabul that left 41 people dead and more than 80 wounded.
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan’s first meme auctioned for $52,00009:40 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021