Heavy fog forces closure of Motorway in Punjab, KP
Just in: South Zone is all clear of fog now.— Motorway Police (@motorwaypolice1) December 31, 2018
People have been asked to avoid unnecessary traveling while the drivers have been directed to use fog lights during foggy conditions.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department says rain is expected on Tuesday and Wednesday will reduce the intensity of the fog. It says the dry weather is likely to be reduced.
The temperature in Lahore has dropped to five degrees centigrade.
The Met department had earlier forecasted rain in Quetta, Zhob, Kohat, Malakand, Hazara division, Peshawar, Lahore, Rawalpindi division and Islamabad.
It had said that it would snow in Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir and other mountainous regions.
However, it says the rain will not reduce the cold. It will remain cold in the country for a while longer. The fog will also remain but the rain will reduce its intensity.
The police also want people to use fog lights and call their helpline if they encounter any issues.
- Ace Junior League inaugural match tees off today04:26 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- At least 174 dead, hundreds injured amid deadly stampede at ...02:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022