Nawaz Sharif given ‘benefit of doubt’ in Flagship reference, says detailed judgment
The court in its decision declared that no one can be punished or fined until the allegations proved as well as NAB was unable to prove the allegations due to which the accused was released by giving the benefit of doubt.
The court declared that it cannot be denied that such assets not belongs to Nawaz Sharif as well as details of Nawaz's address with nation were unacceptable and cannot be used as documentary evidence.
The NAB claims of establishing companies by Nawaz Sharif after selling Gulf Steel Mills were also proved bogus.
The order said that perpetual non-bailable arrest warrants for Hassan and Hussain Nawaz, the co-accused in the cases would be issued and wrote in the decision that trial of such accused would be conducted after their return to the country.
The court stated that possibility of Nawaz having supplied Hassan with funds worth 705,071 Pounds from his undeclared wealth and assets held outside Pakistan cannot be ruled out completely, but noted that there are insufficient evidences to safely reach the conclusion.
The court declared that NAB was unable to produce the evidences against the allegations of thirteen companies in which Nawaz was indicted and only produce the record of ten companies.
The court declared that capital FZE was an admitted fact which cannot be denied. There were enough proves in Al-Azizia reference that Nawaz got profit from Hill metal and was a proven fact that he was getting 88 percent profit and the facts were satisfactory that Nawaz Sharif was beneficial interest in Hill Metal and Al-Azizia cases.
Ex-PM Nawaz Sharif jailed for 7 years in ... 01:58 PM | 24 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court in the federal capital sentenced former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to seven ...
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Waleed Malik, Pakistani doctor who sets new record with 29 gold ...01:24 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Morrisville Samp Army march into the play-offs conquering Deccan ...12:44 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022