Nawaz Sharif given ‘benefit of doubt’ in Flagship reference, says detailed judgment
The court in its decision declared that no one can be punished or fined until the allegations proved as well as NAB was unable to prove the allegations due to which the accused was released by giving the benefit of doubt.
The court declared that it cannot be denied that such assets not belongs to Nawaz Sharif as well as details of Nawaz's address with nation were unacceptable and cannot be used as documentary evidence.
The NAB claims of establishing companies by Nawaz Sharif after selling Gulf Steel Mills were also proved bogus.
The order said that perpetual non-bailable arrest warrants for Hassan and Hussain Nawaz, the co-accused in the cases would be issued and wrote in the decision that trial of such accused would be conducted after their return to the country.
The court stated that possibility of Nawaz having supplied Hassan with funds worth 705,071 Pounds from his undeclared wealth and assets held outside Pakistan cannot be ruled out completely, but noted that there are insufficient evidences to safely reach the conclusion.
The court declared that NAB was unable to produce the evidences against the allegations of thirteen companies in which Nawaz was indicted and only produce the record of ten companies.
The court declared that capital FZE was an admitted fact which cannot be denied. There were enough proves in Al-Azizia reference that Nawaz got profit from Hill metal and was a proven fact that he was getting 88 percent profit and the facts were satisfactory that Nawaz Sharif was beneficial interest in Hill Metal and Al-Azizia cases.
Ex-PM Nawaz Sharif jailed for 7 years in ... 01:58 PM | 24 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court in the federal capital sentenced former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to seven ...
- Miftah Ismail steps down as Ishaq Dar to take over as new finance ...09:44 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- PTI supporters harass Pakistan’s info minister Marriyum Aurangzeb ...09:05 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...07:37 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 26 September 202207:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Dananeer fangirls over Yami Gautum at Chicago South Asian Film ...06:40 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022