Senate Body approves ECL (Amendment) Bill 2018
ISLAMABAD - Senate Standing Committee on Interior on Monday unanimously approved Exit Control List (ECL) (Amendment) Bill 2018 and observed that insertion of names in ECL should be made under the law not as per personal wish.
Chairing a meeting, Senator Rehman Malik asked Ministry of Interior to submit details about the policy of inserting names in ECL and said: "Pick and choose would not be allowed in ECL."
The meeting was attended by Senators Haji Momin Afridi and Mian Muhammad Ateeq Shaikh, officials from
Ministry of Interior, Capital Development Authority (CDA), Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) police and others.
Former Chairman Senate, Senator Raza Rabbani, who was specially invited, presented the bill in the committee which discussed the matter in detail.
"A comprehensive report on ECL should be submitted and committee be informed about names of those who were recommended by National Accountability Bureau (NAB), Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and other organizations," the chairman said.
Rehman Malik said ECL law should not be misused while basic rights of people should not be ignored.
The meeting also appreciated efforts of Senator Raza Rabbani regarding Exit Control List (ECL) (Amendment) Bill 2018.
The committee condemned Indian state terrorism and observed that during the tenure of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi state terrorism in Occupied Kashmir has increased.
The committee prayed for martyred of Kashmir and former Member of National Assembly (MNA), Syed Ali Raza Abidi who was recently murdered in Karachi.
Rehman Malik while expressing grief and sorrow over the brutal killing of Ali Raza Abidi asked the Sindh government to investigate the motives behind the murder, immediately arrest the murderers and provide justice to the bereaved family.
He asked the Sindh government to complete the investigation and present a report to the committee as early as possible.
The committee was also briefed by Capital Development Authority on the construction of a bridge at Fazaiya stop to facilitate pedestrians.
CDA officials informed the committee that construction of the bridge has already been completed.
Rehman Malik said CDA should keep in mind rights of motorcycle riders and pedestrians while constructing roads and interchanges.
"It is our duty to look after the rights of poor people. Their rights should not be ignored while constructing roads and interchanges," Rehman Malik said.
The committee recommended ending running of shuttle service in Diplomatic Enclave. Senator Mian Ateeq said people visiting the area are insulted through this service.
He said now the security situation has improved and people should be allowed to enter Diplomatic Enclave hassle-free. Rehman Malik condemned and took notice of the killing of three-year-old girl Faryal in Havelian and sought a comprehensive report on the matter from the government and police of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK).
The murderers of Faryal should be arrested as early as possible, he asserted. The chairman also took notice of continuous reduction in value of rupees and demanded a report from FIA.
He said FIA should investigate all stakeholders under the Foreign Exchange Act and ascertain the facts regarding sudden and continuous devaluation of the rupee.
Rehman Malik also made public the letters he wrote to Ministry of Interior, Governor State Bank of Pakistan and the FIA on the matter.
"We do not want to make politics on national issues rather we like to help the government," Rehman Malik said.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020