Swara Bhaskar slams CAA as ‘anti-India’ and ‘sinister’
According to details, the actress participated in the ongoing protest against citizenship law and chanted slogans.
“Bollywood has always been vulnerable to government interference and regulation. We have archaic censorship laws and we have a volatile public that has been encouraged to become mob-like in the past few years,” said Bhaskar in an exclusive interview with Gulf News.
According to political experts, the recent spate of protests poses the most serious risk to Modi since he got elected prime minister in 2014.
To quell protests, the government has deployed thousands of police as well intermittently ordered mobile data shutdowns at a time people have used social media such as Instagram and TikTok to wage a parallel battle online. Such internet suspensions have been criticized by internet freedom activists.
- Nine Pakistani suspected drug smuggler arrested in Sri Lanka12:30 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- PM Imran launches SMS service to provide emergency cash11:16 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- K-Electric announces further relief during coronavirus lockdown10:42 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Army to ensure all necessary measures taken to public safety: COAS ...10:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- COVID 19:Pakistan extends lockdown till April 1409:10 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019