Swara Bhaskar slams CAA as ‘anti-India’ and ‘sinister’
According to details, the actress participated in the ongoing protest against citizenship law and chanted slogans.
“Bollywood has always been vulnerable to government interference and regulation. We have archaic censorship laws and we have a volatile public that has been encouraged to become mob-like in the past few years,” said Bhaskar in an exclusive interview with Gulf News.
According to political experts, the recent spate of protests poses the most serious risk to Modi since he got elected prime minister in 2014.
To quell protests, the government has deployed thousands of police as well intermittently ordered mobile data shutdowns at a time people have used social media such as Instagram and TikTok to wage a parallel battle online. Such internet suspensions have been criticized by internet freedom activists.
- IWMI to help Punjab prepare water data on Governor's help10:39 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Inside the dreamy reception of TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and ...04:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021