Pakistan, China sign $100m deal for National Highway-5 repair
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and China have signed a grant agreement of US$100 million to repair National Highway-5, the state broadcaster reported on Thursday.
The signing ceremony in this regard was held at Economic Affairs Division in Islamabad, in the presence of Minister for Economic Affairs Makhdoom Khusro Bukhtiar and Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Nong Rong.
Under the project, 66 kilometers in four parts of National Highway between Hala, district Matiari and Moro, district Naushahro Feroze will be repaired.
Speaking on the occasion, Makhdoom Khusro Bukhtiar said this project will increase connectivity between North and South. He thanked China for supporting Pakistan for completion of N-5 project, fighting against Covid-19 and curbing the locust.
The Chinese Ambassador in his remarks said that cooperation in socio-economic development with Pakistan will continue.
Pakistan repays $1 billion of Saudi Arabia's soft ... 10:03 PM | 16 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has returned $1 billion to Saudi Arabia as a second instalment of a $3 billion soft loan ...
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to observe Shab-e-Mairaj on Thursday night05:00 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- PCB names fact-finding panel for PSL6 bio-secure protocols review04:34 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Banter between robber and shopkeeper goes viral (VIDEO)04:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021