World Cup 2019: West Indies win by 7 wickets against Pakistan
West Indian fast bowler Oshane Thomas with his phenomenal 4-27 spell scripted a shambolic collapse of Pakistan batting line up as he played a vital role in sending the Champions Trophy winner packing on 105.
This is Pakistan's second-lowest score in the World Cup. The team's lowest score is 74 all out against England in 1992. Interestingly, this is also Pakistan lowest against the West Indies in all world cup matches - Previous was 160 in 2015.
The Sarfraz men played only 21.4 overs of the innings as Jason Holder picked three wickets, Andre Russel took two and Sheldon Cottrell bagged one wicket.
Pakistan left out experienced batsman Shoaib Malik, playing his last World Cup, and also hard-hitting batsman Asif Ali to go with two frontline spinners and three fast bowlers.
"Hopefully we can use the overhead conditions to get some early wickets. We've had a good camp and got a lot out of our warm-up games."
Pakistan skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed said, "We wanted to bowl first because of the overcast conditions and a bit of moisture, but it will be a good batting pitch."
Trent Bridge has witnessed some high scoring games in the recent past. The boundaries are short here and the pitch is usually flat. It gets difficult for teams to defend totals here that’s why usually captains prefer to field first here in Nottingham.
Cloudly condition is expected for the most part of the match, with some sunny intervals in between. Rain is also expected to stay away, but the overcast conditions could make Gayle against Amir and Wahab Riaz an intriguing contest.
Previous Highest Scores:
Pakistan: 266 runs
West Indies: 310 runs
Pakistan: 113 runs
West Indies: 112 runs
Pakistan XI: Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Mohammad Hafeez, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicketkeeper), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz and Mohammad Amir.
West Indies XI: Chris Gayle, Shai Hope, Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wicketkeeper), Andre Russell, Jason Holder (captain), Carlos Brathwaite, Ashley Nurse, Sheldon Cottrell and Oshane Thomas.
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Share Your #HappyEid and #RamadanSpirit on TikTok with OPPO11:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Pakistan condemns deadly blasts targeting Kabul school10:02 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021