LAHORE – 2016 was a great year for Daraz. From the Daraz and Kaymu merger to the first online shoppable fashion week, to starting same-day and international delivery, to making Pakistan’s first 1 billion rupee sale – Daraz seems to have left no stone unturned in revolutionising the scope of e-commerce in Pakistan.
Daraz is now a digital icon – it has become the go-to source and a one-stop solution for everyone’s e-commerce needs. And of its several digital milestones, process developments and ground-breaking campaigns, the most important thing it did in 2016 was to focus on the customer. As the popularity and functionality of e-commerce grew, so did the need to hone the company’s approach – one that puts the customer at the centre of everything.
Here is the list of tremendous events and records of Daraz in 2016:
- Daraz launched its premium delivery service which promised fast and quick delivery.
- The two tech giants, Daraz and Kaymu merged. Daraz expanded its operations in other countries.
- Daraz partnered with TCF.
- Daraz began delivering products from Pakistan to the world.
- Daraz broke records of sale on the Black Friday in 2016. It was Pakistan’s first billion rupees sale.
- Daraz organised different memorable events and offered deals and sales throughout the year.
- Daraz reached 3 million Facebook fans, saw a 65 percent increase in its mobile users and was featured in different newspapers.