KARACHI (Web Desk) -Pakistani buyers have been unable to receive their orders via AliExpress, global online shopping giant AliBaba’s shipping service, since beginning of this year Read More: 727,201 Pakistani workers proceed to Middle East countries in 2016 According to
KARACHI (Web Desk) -Pakistani buyers have been unable to receive their orders via AliExpress, global online shopping giant AliBaba’s shipping service, since beginning of this year
According to the website ProPakistani, some people have complained that they stop receiving tracking updates of their packages once they reach Karachi port. .
A reddit user also complained about the situation, claiming that he ordered an item via AliExpress in February, but had still not received the order after three months.
An online survey which involved over 1,700 Pakistani customers of AliExpress suggests that about 73% said that they had been facing delivery issues in recent times. The remaining 27% of the users do get their order on time, but they think that there might be certain product types and regions where the shipping problem does not occur.
Read More: Customs duty might go down by 5 percent: FBR
In Pakistan, AliExpress handles logistics until packages reach Karachi port, after which customs officials check the incoming goods and Pakistan Post then delivers the packages to users at given addresses.
However, most of the orders fail to reach their destinations in Pakistan after safely arriving at Karachi port.
As a result, online sellers of Alibaba Group are refunding the payments of goods sold to Pakistani customers.