CM Shehbaz confirms arrest of Kasur child’s killer

  • Zainab was kidnapped from near her aunt’s house on January 4 in the Punjab district
  • The victim's father demands public execution for the 'serial killer'

LAHORE – The rapist and killer of seven-year-old Zainab from Kasur has been arrested, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif confirmed on Tuesday evening.

A 24-year-old man arrested earlier in the day is the “murderer of Kasur rape-murder victim,” the CM said while referring to him as a “serial killer”.

“Zainab’s murderer has been caught. His name is Imran. He is 24-year-old resident of Kasur and he is a serial killer,” Shehbaz told a press conference in Lahore.

The chief minister was accompanied by the victim’s father and Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah at the press conference in Lahore.

The girl’s father has reportedly demanded the criminal be public executed.

“I am possessed by a demon that makes me rape and kill little girls,” claims Zainab’s alleged murderer

“He [Imran] admitted to all his crimes in a polygraph test that was conducted after his DNA matched the samples” said the chief minister.

“Government officials constantly struggled,” he said. “These combined efforts bore fruit and got the killer arrested.”

Shehbaz whole-heartedly congratulated Punjab’s cabinet committee, Law Minister Sanaullah, IGP Punjab, additional chief secretary home, chief secretary, and other intelligence officials including Military Intelligence (MI) and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

“I am most thankful to DG Forensic Lab who profiled 1,150 DNAs to find the killer.”

Same DNA found in Zainab murder, other eight rape cases: Police

Police in Kasur claimed earlier on Tuesday to have arrested the man responsible for the heinous rape and murder of seven-year-old Zainab.

The accused’s DNA also matches the samples taken from seven other minor girls who were abused and murdered earlier in the area.

Zainab was kidnapped from near her aunt’s house on January 4 in Kasur. Her body was recovered from a garbage heap on January 9. The post-mortem of the minor revealed that she had been raped before being murdered.