PESHAWAR (Web Desk) – The army chief, General Raheel Sharif, made it clear Saturday that the ongoing crackdown would continue until the militancy was wiped out in the country.
During his visit to the Corps Headquarters in Peshawar, the army chief also appreciated the progress made through intelligence-based operations.
On the occasion, General Raheel Sharif was given a briefing on progress made in the operations Zarb-e-Azb and Khyber-I.
In his tweet, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director-General Major General Asim Bajwa said the army chief was also briefed on the security situation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
The army chief, speaking on the occasion, said the process of return of TDPs (temporarily displaced persons) to their homes would begin by mid-March.
The operation Zarb-e-Azb was launched last year following an attack on the Karachi international airport and was intensified after the brutal attack on Army Public School in Peshawar on Dec 16 last year. The operation Khyber-I was launched in Bara last year against banned terrorist cells.