ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – On the first day of Chinese president’s maiden visit to Pakistan, both the countries have signed 51 agreements under Economic Corridor for promoting bilateral relations. During delegation-level talks held at PM House on Monday, Pakistani and
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – On the first day of Chinese president’s maiden visit to Pakistan, both the countries have signed 51 agreements under Economic Corridor for promoting bilateral relations.
During delegation-level talks held at PM House on Monday, Pakistani and Chinese representatives discussed all aspects of bilateral relations.
President Xi admired PM Nawaz’s efforts, saying the far-reaching reforms he initiated were crucial for Pakistan.
The Chinese president also said PM Nawaz is highly experienced and that his struggle against terrorism is extremely admirable.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif led the Pakistani side in the talks, while the Chinese side was led by President Xi Jinping.
PM Nawaz, during his opening remarks, formally welcomed Xi Jinping on his first ever visit to Pakistan and hoped that the visit would further consolidate the already strong ties between the two countries.
Both leaders also reviewed regional and international issues of mutual concern, including the regional security situation with respect to Afghanistan and the Middle East.
Senior cabinet members and officials from both sides assisted their leadership in the talks.
Earlier, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had said that the two-day visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping will usher in a new era of development in Pakistan.
Following are the details of the agreements signed by both sides:
1. Joint Statement between China and Pakistan on establishing the all-weather strategic cooperative partnership.
2. Minutes of the 4th JCC of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
3. Economic and Technical Cooperation Agreement between China and Pakistan.
4. Exchange of notes of feasibility study of the demonstration project of the DTMB between China and Pakistan.
5. Exchange of notes on provision of anti-narcotics equipment between China and Pakistan.
6. Exchange of notes on provision of law enforcement equipment between China and Pakistan.
7. Exchange of Notes on Feasibility Study of Gwadar Hospital between China and Pakistan.
8. MoU on provision of Chinese governmental concessional loan for second phase up-gradation of Karakorum Highway (Havelian to Thakot) between Chinese Ministry of Commerce and Pakistan’s Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs.
9. MoU on provision of Chinese governmental concessional loan for Karachi-Lahore Motorway (Multan to Sukkur) between Chinese Ministry of Commerce and Pakistan’s Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs.
10. MoU on provision of Chinese governmental concessional loan for Gwadar Port East Bay Expressway Project between Chinese Ministry of Commerce and Pakistan’s Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs.
11. MoU on provision of Chinese governmental concessional loan for Gwadar International Airport between Chinese Ministry of Commerce and Pakistan’s Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs.
12. Protocol on Banking Services to Agreement on Trade in Services between Pakistan and China.
13. MoU on provision of Material for Tackling Climate Change between National Development and Reform Commission of the People’s Republic of China and Ministry of Finance (EAD) of Pakistan.
14. Framework Agreement on Cooperation on Major Communications Infrastructure Project between China and Pakistan.
15. MoU on cooperation between Chinese NDRC and Pakistan’s Ministry of Planning, Development and Reforms.
16. MoU on Pro Bono Projects in the Port of Gwadar Region between Ministry for Planning, Development and Reforms of Pakistan and the International Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
17. MoU on establishment of China-Pakistan Joint Cotton Bio-Tech Laboratory between the Ministry of Science and Technology of China and Ministry of Science and Technology of Pakistan.
18. Framework Agreement between the Chinese National Railway Administration and Pakistan’s Ministry of Railways on Joint Feasibility Study for up-gradation of ML1 and Establishment of Havelain Dry Port of Pakistan Railways.
19. Protocol on the Establishment of China-Pakistan Joint Marine Research Center between State Oceanic Administration of China and Ministry of Science and Technology of Pakistan.
20. MoU on cooperation between the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Films and Television of China and Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage of Pakistan.
21. Triple Party Agreement between China Central Television and PTV and Pakistan Television Foundation on the re-broadcasting of CCTV-NEWS/CCTV -9 Documentary in Pakistan.
22. Protocol on establishment of sister cities relationship between Chengdu city Sichuan Province of PRC and Lahore.
23. Protocol on establishment of sister cities relationship between Zhuhai, Guangdong, China and Gwadar, Balochistan, Pakistan.
24. Protocol on establishment of sister cities relationship between Karamay, XianjianUgur, autonomous region China and Gwadar, Balochistan, Pakistan.
25. Framework Agreement between NEA and MoPNRon Gwadar-Nawabshah LNG Terminal and Pipeline Project.
26. Commercial contract on Lahore Orange Line Metro Train Project.
27. Agreement on financing for Lahore Orange line Metro Train Project.
28. MoU on financing for KKH Up-gradation Phase-2 (Havelian to Takot), KLM, Gwadar East Bay Expressway, Gwadar International Airport projects.
29. Financing agreement relating to the 870 MW Hydro-Electric Suki Kinari Hydropower Project between EXIM Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited and SK Hydro (Private) Limited.
30. Financing cooperation agreement between the EXIM Bank of China and Port Qasim Electric Power Company (Private) Limited (on Port Qasim 2x660MW Coal-fired Power Plant).
31. Framework Facility Agreement for 720MW Karot Hydropower Project between China Development Bank Corporation, EXIM Bank of China and Karot Power Company (Private) Limited.
32. Term Sheet of the facility for Zonergy 9×100 MW solar project in Punjab between China Development Bank Corporation, EXIM Bank of China and Zonergy Company limited.
33. Drawdown agreement on Jhimpir Wind Power Project between UEP Wind Power (Private) Limited as borrower and China Development Bank Corporation as lender.
34. Terms and conditions in favour of Sindh Engro Coal Mining Company for Thar Block II 3.8Mt/a mining project, Sindh, Pakistan, arranged by China Development Bank Corporation.
35. Terms and conditions in favour of Engro Powergen Thar (Private) Limited, Sindh, Pakistan for Thar Block II 2x330MW Coal Fired Power Project, arranged by China Development Bank Corporation.
36. Framework agreement of financing cooperation in implementing the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor between China Development Corporation and HBL.
37. MoU with respect to cooperation between WAPDA and CTG.
38. MoU among PPIB, CTG, and Silk Road Fund on development of private hydro power projects.
39. Facility operating agreement for Dawood Wind Power Project between ICBC and PCC of China and HDPPL.
40. Framework agreement for promoting Chinese investments and industrial parks developments in Pakistan between ICBC and HBL on financial services corporation.
41. The financing term sheet agreement for Thar Block –I between ICBC, SSRL.
42. Energy strategic cooperation framework agreement between Punjab, Pakistan and China’s Huaneng Group.
43. Framework agreement on the China Pakistan Economic Corridor Energy Project cooperation between Ministry of Water & Power and China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation (SINOSURE).
44. Cooperation agreement between Sino-Sindh Resources (Pvt) Ltd and Shanghai Electric Group for Thar Coalfield Block I Coal-Power integrated project in Pakistan.
45. Cooperation agreement for Matiyari-Lahore and Matyari (Port Qasim)-Faisalabad Transmission and Transformation Project between National Transmission Distribution Company (NTDC) and National Grid of China.
46. Agreement on Port Qasim coal fired power plant between Power China and GoP.
47. Facility agreement for the Sahiwal coal-fired power plant project between Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited, Huaneng Shandong Electricity Limited and Shandong Ruyi Group.
48. Cooperation agreement on Hubco coal-fired power plant project between CPIH and Hubco Power Company.
49. Facilitation agreement on Salt Range coal-fired power project between CMEC and Punjab government.
50. MoU between NUML Pakistan and Xinjiang Normal University, Urumqi China for Cooperation on Higher Education.
51. Agreement on collaboration on establishment of NUML International Center of education (NICE) between NUML Pakistan and Xinjiang Normal University, Urumqi, China.
The two leaders also inaugurated the following projects by unveiling the plaques:
1. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Lahore Branch.
2. Energization of 100 MW solar power plants at Quad-e-Azam Solar Park, Bahawalpur.
3. FM 98 Dosti Channel studio PBC-CRI, Islamabad.
4. Demonstration project of DTMB Broadcasting in Pakistan.
5. China Cultural Centre, Pakistan.
6. China-Pakistan Joint Research Centre for Small Hydropower, Islamabad.
7. China-Pakistan cross-border optical fibre cable system project.
8. Metro rail transit system on the Orange Line in Lahore.
Ground breaking of following power projects was also jointly done by Prime Minister Sharif and Chinese President Xi Jinping via video link:
1. Karot 720 MW Hydropower Project.
2. Dawood 50 MW Wind-Power Project.
3. Sachal 50 MW Wind-Power Project.
4. Zonergy 900 MW Solar Project.
5. Jhimpir 100 MW Wind-Power Project.