LAHORE (Ali Zain) – After an year long wait, the Game of Thrones fans are finally felt relieved with the season six premier on Sunday, and reviews suggest that TV show’s latest installment is already a big hit. An overall 9.9 rating was granted to the episode titled The Red Woman on IMDb.
Though the opening episode was mainly transitory one, which reconnected and refreshed the story where it was left in season five. However, the last scene of the episode which comprised of disclosure of Melisandre’s anti-ageing secret -her necklace.
The removal of the magical necklace showed Melisandre an extremely aged woman, with almost bald head.
Thousands of fans tweeted about the TV shows latest package, and as a result #GameOfThrones became a worldwide trending topic on micro-blogging website Twitter. Most of these tweets were Melisandre’s shocking revelations. We bring you some of these tweets, expecting that you will enjoy.
— Charlie Schneider (@AwesomEmergency) April 25, 2016
— Ransom Garcia (@Ransompalooza) April 25, 2016
That necklace at the end of #GameofThrones is the original Instagram filter.
— Kevin M. Klein (@TheKevinKlein) April 25, 2016
— Vinny (@rwiggumrules) April 25, 2016
Look at that, Brienne finally fulfilled her promise to Catelyn Stark. And oh, Theon’s warrior side woke up right in time. #GameOfThrones
— Ralph Renz (@ralphrenz90) April 25, 2016
— blair (@carlosandearl) April 25, 2016
Well, didn’t see that one coming… pic.twitter.com/wyaiHU0oTw
— IGN (@IGN) April 25, 2016
— Leeyaa (@leeyaa13) April 25, 2016
— Mark Brown (@noteandcolor) April 25, 2016
After all the upsetting shit in tonight’s ep, if your boyfriend makes a joke about The Red Woman being disgusting, dump him. #GameofThrones
— Alyssa Milano (@msjaymesxo) April 25, 2016
— Ozz (@vLadruG) April 25, 2016
— Kyla Andrew (@kyla_andrew) April 25, 2016
Other key takeaways from The Red Woman episode are as following:
- Jon Snow is dead, at least for now. You can still wait for any magic from Melisandre, specially after today’s necklace revelation.
- The mother of dragons, Daenerys Targaryen, is now captive of Khals and her advisers also know it well.
- Sansa Stark is now out of danger, after Brienne of Tarth rescued her and Theon Grejoy when Lord Bolton’s men had surrounded them.
- Myrcella Baratheon, the daughter of Cersie Lannister and Jaime Lannister, is dead and Ellaria Sand, who had poisoned her, has also murdered the king of Dorne.
- Arya Stark is now blind and has turned into a beggar. She is still under training to become no one.
- Tyrion Lannister, who is an acting ruler after Queen Daenerys Targaryen is gone, is expected to witness some troubling time as one scene in the first episode shows him going towards part of the city where houses have caught fire.
- And the queen in King’s Landing, Margaery Tyrell, is still detained by the High Sparrow and she is not ready to confess to her sins.