LAHORE (Ali Zain) – Locals of Kings Landing were all set to witness another walk of atonement in “Blood of My Blood”, the latest Game of Thrones episode aired on Sunday night; however, the High Sparrow surprised them with the announcement “the will be no walk of atonement for Queen Margaery.”
The development took place when Jaime Lannister led the royal military to the Septon to recover Queen Margaery from the High Sparrow’s captivity. But, at the very moment, the High Sparrow announced that King Tommen and the Septon have joined hands against any threat to the kingdom.
This announcement, which obviously shows the High Sparrow as winner, left Cersie Lannister, Jaime Lannister and the armies of House Baratheon and House Tyrell quite helpless and unable to digest the humiliation.
Did you miss episode 5? Here is a quick recap for you
Moreover, following the attempt to storm the Septon, King Tommen has dismissed Jaime Lannister from the position of Lord Commander of King’s Guard and deployed him in Riverrun instead.
On the other hand, Cersie Lannister will have to undergo another trial in her brother’s absence. This time, she will be opting for a trial by combat, relying on Mountain to crush any opponent and prove her innocent.
All of this would not have been possible without High Sparrow’s invitation to visit his wife in the custody of Septon, during which she revealed that the High Sparrow’s teachings had enabled her to accept her true image. As a reaction, King Tommen forged an alliance with High Sparrow to protect the Septon and Kingdom simultaneously.
Other important developments From Episode 6:
- Bran Stark, while being carried him away from the White Walkers by Meera, has epic visions of the Mad King sitting on the Iron Throne, saying “burn them all”, and executing his father Ned Stark.
- Benjen Stark, Bran’s uncle, is back. He was previously believed to be missing, but he marked an amazing return by rescuing Bran Stark and Meera Reed from the White Walkers. He told them the tale of his return: White Walkers had hurt him but the Children of the Forest treated him.
- The three-eyed-raven is also back. This time he has returned in the body of Bran Stark. This was also revealed by Uncle Benjen.
- Arya Stark has clearly disobeyed the orders of the Faceless god and decided to return Westeros. Her weapon, the Needle is also back. However, things will not be that simple for her.
- Lord Walder Frey of House Frey has also returned to Game of Thrones. He was missing since “The Red Wedding” episode. He is preparing for a major fight to retake one of his conquered forts.
- Samwell Tarly carried Gilly and junior Sam to his family, where his father disrespects his wildling partner, in response to which Sam decides to leave his home once again. But not empty handed, this time. He is carrying his family’s 500-year-old valyrian steel sword with him, which he, probably, wants to hand over to Jon Snow.
- Daenerys Targaryen’s third dragon is also back, and the concluding scene of episode shows her riding this beast as well. She has gathered an immense army of Dothrakhis and plans to prepare to attack Westeros with a thousand ships, once she returns to Meereen.
Fans had mixed reaction towards this episode, unlike “Hold The Door”, which enjoyed near universal acclaim.
So is the #GameofThrones crown and religious unification like when Savage and Hogan formed the Mega Powers?
— Michael Cwick (@The1stMJC) May 30, 2016
— Shibesh Cbase (@Cbase_lfc) May 30, 2016
Fun to see the High Sparrow turn a blind eye to the incestuous nature of the King’s lineage when it helps his cause. #GameofThrones
— Jeremiah Adams (@mrjeremiahadams) May 30, 2016
— sonsie (@Rembrandtt) May 30, 2016
Watching #GameofThrones tonight like “Where the fuck is Jon Snow?!”
— Jayme❤️✌️➰ (@Jayme_TW) May 30, 2016
The lack of Sansa, Jon, Davos and Pod (aka the dream team) was stomach churning #GameofThrones
— Mon Dwyer (@monicatdwyer) May 30, 2016
Made a friend watch #GameofThrones today. And they aired the worst episode of the season yet. Grrrrrrr
— Sathya Narayanan (@thayir_sadham) May 30, 2016
— ㄱㅈㅇ (@EXOLyn) May 30, 2016
— AC Lee Cipriano® (@LawyerGeek13) May 30, 2016
— Three Headed Dragon (@starkgaryenistr) May 30, 2016
ITS THE BEST SHOW EVER #GameOfThrones
— Michael Chaves (@OpTicFlamesword) May 30, 2016
— Dwight Nixon (@PhotogDwight) May 30, 2016
That’s all for this week in Game of Thrones. Keep following us for more crazy updates on all your favorite shows!