MUMBAI – Actor-turned-politician Hema Malini celebrates her 70th birthday on Tuesday. A biography on Hema Malini, titled Beyond The Dreamgirl and written by Ram Kamal Mukherjee was also launched honoring the legendary star. Born on October 16, 1948, in Jeeyapuram, Tiruchirappalli
MUMBAI – Actor-turned-politician Hema Malini celebrates her 70th birthday on Tuesday. A biography on Hema Malini, titled Beyond The Dreamgirl and written by Ram Kamal Mukherjee was also launched honoring the legendary star.
Born on October 16, 1948, in Jeeyapuram, Tiruchirappalli district, Madras, Malini was the third child of Jaya Lakshmi Chakravarti, a film producer, and VSR Chakravarti.
During her active years, Malini was being starred opposite her husband Dharmendra and with Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand. Malini was initially promoted as the “Dream Girl”, and in 1977 starred in a film of the same name.
View this post on Instagram
Happy Birthday to my gorgeous mammaaaaa!!!! May u continue to inspire everyone with your unstoppable energy,talent,beauty& willpower to make all ur dreams come true! Your discipline & dedication is something we all look up to ! U truly are “The Dream Girl” of our nation … there can never be another like u ! Touch wood! May God bless u with a healthy & happy life! I love u ! ♥️ @dreamgirlhemamalini
She has played both comic and dramatic roles, as well as being a dancer. She has appeared in more than 150 films. Here is a look back at some of the iconic movies of this star:
1. Seeta Aur Geeta (1972): Directed by Ramesh Sippy, the Hindi comedy-drama film starred Hema Malini in a double Role. The character of Geeta was much loved by the audience.
2. Sholay (1975): Another Ramesh Sippy film, the character of Basanti received nationwide recognition. Her dialogue ‘Yun ki, yeh Kaun bola’ echoes till date.
3. Dream Girl (1977): This movie, directed by Pramod Chakravorty, made Hema the ‘dream girl’ of the B-town. Till date, she is known by the same name.
4. Satte pe Satta (1982): The character of ‘Indu’ opposite Amitabh Bachchan in Raj N Sippy’s movie super hit movie ‘Satte pe Satta‘ added the much-needed flavor to the movie. Her character was loved by all.
5. Baghban (2003): Directed by Ravi Chopra, Hema Malini in this movie proved that her position in the B-town is unshakeable. The character of Pooja Malhotra was adored by the audience.