ISLAMABAD – Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has confirmed death sentences for another thirteen hardcore terrorists, the Inter-Services Public Relations said on Friday.
The convicts, tried by military courts, were involved in heinous offences related to terrorism, including killing and slaughtering of innocent civilians, officials of Law Enforcement Agencies and Armed Forces of Pakistan.
These terrorists also include those who planned and executed attacks on Bacha Khan University Charsada, Parade Lane Mosque Rawalpindi, Marriot Hotel Islamabad, Office of World Vision NGO at Mansehra and educational institution at Nawagai Buner.
On the whole, they have been involved in killing 325 persons and injuring 366 others. Fire-arms and explosives were also recovered from their possession.
According to the ISPR, details regarding the terrorists is as follows:
1. Latif Ullah Mehsud S/O Ramzan. He has been involved in killing innocent civilians and attacking law enforcement agencies of Pakistan, resulting in the death of 150 civilians (members and attendees of local Jirga) and 7 soldiers of Frontier Constabulary.
2. Arafat S/O Gul Zarin. He was involved in attacking Marriot Hotel Islamabad and Parade Lane Mosque Rawalpindi, resulting in the death of 110 persons and injuries to 330 others.
3.Wahid Ali S/O Abdul Ali, Akbar Ali S/O Kareem Ullah, Muhammad Riaz
S/O Muhammad Diyar Khan and Noor Ullah S/O Muhammad Diyar Khan . They have been involved in attacking Bacha Khan University Charsada, which resulted in death of 17 civilians and injuries to 19 others. They were also found in possession of fire-arms and explosives.
4. Abdul Rehman S/O Abdul Majeed. He was involved in attacking personnel belonging to the armed forces and law enforcement agencies of Pakistan, including Capt Najam Riaz Raja, Capt Junaid Khan, Naik Shahid Rasool, Lance Naik Shakeel Ahmed as well as two police officials. He has also been involved in a targeted attack on an educational institution.
5. Mian Said Raheem S/O Mian Aqal Jan. He was involved in killing of 15 civilians including members of local Jirga. He was also implicated as an accomplice in the killing of civilian Imran.He was also found in possession of fire-arms.
6.Noor Muhammad S/O Shah Wali. He was involved in attacking armed forces and law enforcement agencies of Pakistan, resulting in the death of Naik Nadeem Yousaf and injuries to seven soldiers of Frontier Constabulary. He was also involved in abduction of civilian Dr Syed Jamshed Haider for ransom.
7. Sher Ali S/O Mambar. He was involved in attacking armed forces and law enforcement agencies of Pakistan, resulting in the death of Naib Subedar Abdul Khaliq, Naik Qaiser Khan, Sepoy Mohsin Khan, Sepoy Imran Khan, Sepoy Sarfraz Ahmed, Sepoy Muhammad Ali, Sepoy Sajid Khan and injuries to 5 soldiers. The convict also abetted other terrorists in killing of civilians Muhammad Afzal Khan, Shah Dawran and Aman Ullah. He was also found in possession of fire arms.
8. Syed Qasim Shah S/O Syed Amin Shah. He was involved in attacking the office of World Vision, a local NGO, resulting in the death of six employees. He was also found in possession of explosives.
9. Muhammad Usman S/O Khair Ali Khan. He was involved in killing of civilians Abdul Rehman, Jamshed, Ms Naheed Bibi and Ms Nasreen Bibi. He was also found in possession of fire arms and explosives.
10. Muhammad Waqar Faisal S/O Ghulam Sadiq. He was involved in killing of police constable Asad Abbas and in injuring a police constable and two civilians.
All the above-mentioned individuals were formerly associated with banned organizations, and have admitted their offences before the magistrate and the trial court.