KARACHI (Web Desk) – : The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) collared nine suspected terrorists and recovered heavy ammunition including bombs, suicide jackets, hand grenades and 30 bore pistols from their possession here on Friday.
The suspects were mulling to launch carnage on Muharram in the metropolis but the bid was foiled as CTD head Raja Umer Khattab along with his colleagues were keeping a close eye on the probable terrorist activites during the holy month.
The team discovered that suspected terrorists and alleged members of Al Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) and Lashkar-i-Jhangvi (LJ) were planning on employing suicide jackets, hand grenades, bombs and carrying out target killings in Karachi, the CTD said.
According to Dawn News, The arrested include:
- Faiz-ul-Rehman alias Abdullah alias Daniyal (AQIS Karachi-sector chief)
- Mustafa alias Shahzad (AQIS Karachi-sector second-in-command)
- Mohammad Afroz alias Lambu (AQIS Karachi-sector target killer)
- Ibrahim alias Sajid (AQIS Karachi-sector)
- Mohammad Saeed alias Kaalu alias Abbas alias Baela alias Farrukh Abbas (LJ Orangi Town chief)
- Ahmed Sadiq alias Zeeshan (LJ)
- Furqan Alam alias Zeeshan (LJ)
- Zain-ul-Abadieen alias Zain (Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan)
- Abdul Bari Usman (SSP)
CTD was informed of a house in North Karachi where the suspects were all set to meet and as soon as they gathered, a team was dispatched to the place asking suspects to surrender.
The suspects at first resisted but as soon as the police threw gas shells, the suspects were left with no option than to surrender themselves.