PESHAWAR – Provincial Finance Minister Muzzafar Said on Wednesday presented fifth budget of PTI-led Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government with total outlay of Rs603 billion in provincial assembly for fiscal year 2017-18.
Earlier, the provincial cabinet, headed by Chief Minister Pervez Khattak, approved the budget recommendations.
Delivering the budget speech, the finance minster said that the government was struggling for human resources development since holding office.
Annual Development Programme
- Rs208 billion allocated for the Annual Development Programme (ADP), which also includes Rs82 billion foreign project assistance.
- The provincial government announced to allocate Rs385 billion for non-development sector in Budget 2017-18.
Salaries and Pensions
- A 10% raise has been proposed in the salaries and pensions of provincial government employees.
- Ad hoc relief for the year 2010 has been merged with salaries.
- Allocation of over Rs25 billion has been recommended for health sector.
- Rs5.4 billion allocated for health insurance program.
- Health insurance extended to 69 per cent people of total population in KP.
- Rs12 billion allocated for procurement of instruments for hospitals.
Billion Tree Project
- Rs1 billion will be spent to Billion Tree Tsunami Afforestation.
- The government set aside Rs127.91 billion education sector.