ISLAMABAD (News Desk) – Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousuf has said that Saudi Arabia has not paid the announced compensation amount to the families of the people killed in last year’s crane collapse incident in Makkah’s grand mosque.
Talking to newsmen in Islamabad on Tuesday, the minister said that he was unable to make any further comment on this. As many as 11 Pakistanis were among victims of the crane collapse tragedy, he added.
On the occasion, he informed the reporters that the Ministry of Religious Affairs had paid Rs500,000 as insurance amount and additional Rs500,000 as per announced by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to the heirs of each Pakistani victim.
To another question, Sardar Yousuf went on to say that Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee will be re-organised and restructured for improvements. However, he declined to announce a date for this.
In September last year, as many as 107 Hajj pilgrims were killed in Saudi Arabia when a construction crane collapsed at Makkah’s grand mosque.