LAHORE – Following the alleged kidnapping of the former director of Pak-Turk School and his family, some officials of the Turkish school in Lahore have submitted a request to police for registering a case in this regard.
Article continues after the advertisement
The application has been filed with the Satu Katal police station, Dawn News reported, adding that Lahore Operations DIG Dr Haider Ashraf said that the police were trying to locate the kidnapped family.
Former director of Pak-Turk School, Mesut Kacmaz, also a Turkish national, had reportedly been kidnapped along with his family in the wee hours of Wednesday from Lahore by unidentified men.
As per reports, Kacmaz and his family have been staying in Wapda Town, Lahore on a asylum seeker certificate of United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) for a year after the Pakistani authorities in November 2016 directed the Turkish staff of the schools to leave Pakistan on the request of Turkey.
The unidentified men also took away another Turkish peron Fatih Avci, who lives in an upstairs portion of the same building, with them on disruption but he was released later.
Avci in his statement said that he went downstair after hearing commotion and saw that some 15 unknown intruders in plain clothes were taking the family of Kacmaz from their home.
“I heard a commotion downstairs at our house located at 461, E2 Block, Wapda Town, Lahore. I rushed down and witnessed that the door to Mr. Mesut’s portion was open and there were about 15 plain clothed `police officers’ inside. Out of fifteen, five were ‘lady constables’. They did not conduct any search-and-seize procedure, nor did they turn the house upside down”.
However, the reasons behind the disappearance of the Kacmaz family are not clear so far.
Call for Release
The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan for the immediate release of former Director of Pak-Turk school Mesut Kacmaz and his family, including two daughters.