Do you have ideas to improve business opportunities for youth? Can your idea improve public health facilities? Or you have been lamenting over the fact that Pakistan lacks a platform or a mechanism through which systematic policies to address serious issues
Do you have ideas to improve business opportunities for youth? Can your idea improve public health facilities? Or you have been lamenting over the fact that Pakistan lacks a platform or a mechanism through which systematic policies to address serious issues can be generated or formed?
If so, then Punjab Hackathon is the right platform for you that not only allows you to think or contemplate over the problems but also give an opportunity to materialize your ideas to resolve those problems.
What is the Punjab Hackathon?
Hackathon is an innovative way of handling a solution to a challenge. The best implementable idea from participants could be the next big thing and bring improvement in the focus areas, i.e. Women’s Empowerment, Improvement in Public Health Facilities, Improving Internet access in Remote Areas and Business Opportunities for Youth.
For any of the chosen sectors, registered participants shall propose a workable elucidation after carrying out relevant research with critical analysis.
How does it work?
- Choose a policy area
- Public Health Facilities
- Improve Internet Access
- Women Empowerment
- Business Opportunities for Youth
- Specify the problem you want to suggest your solution for
- Identify the causes of the problem
- Suggest a viable solution to the problem
- Define KPIs
- Present your Big Idea
- Students all across Punjab’s universities/colleges (private and public) can register for the Hackathon individually or in teams.
- There can be no more than 3 members in a team
- Hackathon presentation will be for 15-20 minutes (max 10 power point slides) defining a specific solution to a local problem
- To qualify for the prize each section of presentation of must be completed by the participating students within the stipulated deadline
- The idea must be original
- No team/contestant can take part in more than one category
- Jury reserves the right of admittance for all contestants and can eliminate contestants without disclosing any reason
Perhaps one of the major things that Pakistan gets criticized for is its paucity of such platforms and underutilization of resources and potentials. Punjab Hackathon is a revolutionary project that seeks to discover the undiscovered and look and address the problems through the prism of the very people who suffer from these problems. It in itself is an incredibly promising idea!