SRI NAGAR – In a fresh act of state terrorism, Indian troops martyred two more Kashmiris in Kulgam district of occupied Kashmir, the Kashmir Media Service reported on Thursday.
The troops killed Aqib Ahmad Itoo and Suhail Ahmed during a cordon and search operation at Gopalpora in Damhal Hanjipora area of the district.
Meanwhile, authorities have again suspended mobile internet services in south Kashmir, according to KMS.
Apart from the martyrdom of civilians, two officials of the Indian Army, including Major Kamlesh Pandey, were killed and two other personnel critically injured in an attack at Matribugh Zaipora area in Shopian.
Meanwhile, All Parties Hurriyat Conference Chairman Syed Ali Gilani and Hurriyat forum chief Mirwaiz Umar Farooq have expressed grief over the killings, saying that trigger-happy Indian troops are resorting to unjustified force against peaceful civilians.
Gilani, in a statement issued in Srinagar, termed the killing highly condemnable. He extended his condolences to the bereaved families.
Mirwaiz in his statement said the people of Kashmir were paying a huge price for standing up for their just cause and resolution of the Kashmir dispute.
“It is a crucial phase that we are going through in our struggle as India is using all methods and ploys to crush our political movement,” he said.
“Even the hospitals are not spared where a nurse and young girl were shot at and injured,” the Mirwaiz said, adding, “While the people of the entire Valley are a target of Indian forces, the people of south Kashmir are bearing the maximum brunt of state repression and the people of Srinagar are specifically subjected to physical and mental torture.”
The skirmishes between Indian forces and Kashmiris grew last month when the people of the restive region celebrated first death anniversary of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani.
The Kashmir Media Service in its report claimed that India forces killed 33 Kashmiris in July alone.