Sports

MELBOURNE (News Desk) – Cricket Australia have opted out of U-19 ICC World Cup 2016 that is scheduled in Bangladesh in February citing ‘security concerns,’ reports said on Tuesday.

According to the announcement Australian government believes that security threats to cricketers remain as high as they were in October last year when they canceled the Bangladesh tour of their senior team.

“For some time we have been working closely with ICC security advisors and monitoring the security situation in Bangladesh and have been keeping our players, officials and the players’ parents as up to date as possible,” Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland said.

We have taken this difficult decision with heavy hearts and we apologise the cricketing nations in particular to the BCB and ICC for the inconvenience we have caused, he added.