LAHORE (Staff Report) – Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) executive board member Najam Sethi has hinted at taking the matter of cancellation of scheduled series with India to International Cricket Council (ICC) saying that we have sought a final reply from BCCI whether they want to play with us or not.
In an interview Sethi went on to say that if BCCI refuses to play the series citing pressure from Indian government we will take this issue to ICC. He further added that governments cannot interfere in the matters of cricket boards worldwide.
Earlier on Wednesday Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Shahryar Khan also hinted at boycotting the upcoming T20 World Cup that is scheduled to be held in India in next year if the December series does not take place.
Speaking to newsmen after his India visit which was shadowed by Shiv Sena’s protest in Mumbai, Khan said the board will decide about the national team’s participation in next year’s T20 world cup in the next seven to 10 days.
On the issue of bilateral series he stated that there is very little probability, but there is still some hope. “We are hopeful till the last ray,” he added.
The PCB chairman further told the press about the happening during his visit to India saying that he went there on the invitation of the Indian board.
“I did not go at my own. I had written a letter on August 29, after which the meeting was scheduled through an official invitation by the BCCI chairman,” he explained.
He also noted the negligence of Indian police on the occasion and said that there were only 30 to 40 Shiv Sena workers who entered the BCCI office, police could have controlled them.
He further told the media that he has not been contacted by the Indian board officials even after 36 hours of Monday’s incident. This shows the lack of hospitality of the Indian board, they have not uttered even a letter of apology, he said.