Technology

NEW JERSEY (Web Desk) – A college student from Burlington County, N.J. has claimed that his iPhone 6s Plus exploded inside his back pocket while he was attending a class.

The incident occurred last week when Darin Hlvaty was preparing to attend a physical science class 9:90am

“I felt this crazy, hot burning in my leg,” he told a US media outlet.

“Right as class was starting, my phone started smoking in my pocket. It was a fire. It was super hot, so I flinched, grabbed it, threw it on the ground. Had to kick it because it was on fire,’ he told.

14568962_1034704839980651_638221583_n

“I‘ve had it for about six months. The only thing that was wrong with it was a simple crack, but I don‘t see a simple crack causing it to blow up in my pocket,” the student added.

The incident took place just few days after Apple’s rival Samsung recalled its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone following several complaints from users that its battery exploded while charging.

Another Reddit user “kroopthesnoop” earlier posted pictures of his iPhone 7 which reportedly exploded during transit.

Read More: Now iPhone 7 has started exploding