WASHINGTON – Microsoft Corporation has announced the new online tool for desktop application developers ‘Windows Desktop Program’ which allows access to the processes of obtaining detailed analytics about application performance and debugging desktop apps.
Windows Desktop Program allow developers to view desktop application analytics or access the data via an API (Application Programming Interface).
Statistics and charts quickly show detailed performance data on crashes and failures.
Analytics helps developers to track and prioritize fixes, monitor the distribution of their application, prepare and improve the overall experience for their customers.
The new tool allows developers the following features.
- View a summary of all failure types, sorted by number of hits
- Drill down into each failure and download stack traces and CAB (Cabinet) files to debug the issue faster
- Compare the health status and adoption of a newly released version of your application to previous releases
- View health data in aggregate or by region, allowing you to isolate issues that are specific to a region
- Compare performance and adoption of your desktop applications across Windows versions, such as the latest Windows 10 or Windows Insider releases.
The tool also allows developers to access the data via an API, instead of relying only on the portal.
The new program is a replacement to the Microsoft Sysdev Partner Portal.