NEWYORK (Web Desk) – Samsung has today officially launched the Galaxy Note 7, the latest in its line of stylus-equipped flagship smartphones. The Note 7, which is not called the Note 6, blends many of the features from last year’s Note 5 with the design and waterproofing of this year’s excellent S7 Edge. The Note 7 will be available from all four major carriers on August 19th, with preorders starting tomorrow, August 3rd.
The curvy Note 7 aims to outshine other android smartphones with features inherited from Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. The 12 mega Pixel Camera is able to capture precious moments in a much better fashion.
With a dual-curved screen, the Note 7 also has the “Edge UX” software found on the Galaxy S7 edge.
Breaking down some of the individual pieces of the Note 7, there are a few things that stand out. This is the first waterproof Galaxy Note, it’s the first phone ever with Gorilla Glass 5 and also the first Galaxy phone with a USB-C port.
The iris scanner isn’t quite as useful as the fingerprint sensor at this point, but offers interesting features within the Note 7’s system and has potential for the future.
Compared to the existing Note 5 , Note 7 excels in following features as per Cnet review:
- Curved screens (sharper, less sloping than the S7 Edge)
- USB-C charger port (Samsung’s first phone to adopt the new standard)
- Iris scanner to unlock the phone with your eyes
- Gorilla Glass 5 screen (the first phone with Corning’s new screen tech)
- More sensitive, accurate S Pen stylus
- Water-resistant phone body and S Pen
- MicroSD card slot (like the S7 phones)
- Larger battery (3,500 mAh versus Note 5’s 3,000 mAh)
- Stylus won’t get stuck if you jam it in backwards
- Coral Blue color choice
Those who want to grab the latest release should not that Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is priced around £749. The device will soon be available in Pakistan as well.