WASHINGTON – U.S. President Donald Trump said he will issue a new overhauled version of his executive order next week banning citizens of seven mostly Muslim countries and all refugees from travelling to the United States.
Article continues after the advertisement
Addressing a news conference on Thursday, Trump, who is in his fourth week of his presidency, attacked the federal courts who halted his earlier executive order.
‘We had a bad court, got a bad decision,’ Mr. Trump said adding that the new executive order would be a comprehensive one.
‘The new order is going to be very much tailored to what I consider to be a very bad decision,’ Trump asserted.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) February 16, 2017
It is relevant to mention that soon after assuming charge, Trump issued an executive order barring citizens from 7 Muslim countries to enter US.
However, his plan was halted by a Seattle judge against which Trump administration filed an appeal which was also turned down.
Donald Trump had announced his decision to unleash a new executive order as he is determined about his ban Muslim policy.
Initially, the US refugee resettlement program had been suspended for 120 days so that the new Trump administration can establish new vetting rules, probably more strict for visa applicants. However it is expected that his policy will face legal resistance.