World

ABUJA (News Desk) – More than 100 people Friday died in Nigeria’s southern city of Nnewi when a truckoff-loading butane cooking gas exploded.

According to media reports the explosion resulted in huge fire which burnt scores of people.

Following the gas explosion rescue team rushed to the site and contained fire after hours. Dozens of injured people have been shifted to the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital.

Local police authorities said that number of casualties may increase as many of the wounded have received serious burns.