WASHINGTON (Staff Report) – Director of America’s top intelligence agency, CIA’s (Central Intelligence Agency) John Brennan has clarified there is no evidence to link the Saudi government or senior Saudi officials with the Nine Eleven attacks.
Talking to Arabiya news channel, Brennan referred to a secret 28 pages of an inquiry into the 2001 attacks, in which 15 of the 19 hijackers were termed as citizens of Saudi Arabia. Brennan said that after thorough investigations it had been confirmed that Saudis had no link with Nine Eleven attacks.
Another official Bob Graham who was also investigating the Sept 11 attacks hinted at the involvement of Saudis with regard to 28 pages classified documents but Mr Brennan finally cleared the air.
“Subsequently, the Sept 11 commission looked very thoroughly at these allegations of Saudi involvement, Saudi government involvement and their finding; their conclusion was that there was no evidence to indicate that the Saudi government as an institution or Saudi senior officials individually had supported the Sept 11 attacks,” Mr Brennan said on Saturday.
Brennan went on to say that Al Qaeda, (Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri) and others were a part of brutal attacks. He maintained that Saudi Government is in coalition with United States to combat terrorism.
On the flip side, Saudi government refutes of any links with 9/11 attackers and welcomed the move to declassify 28 pages of inquiry.
It is pertinent to mention that President Obama promised to release these classified pages completely or partially by the end of this month.