CJP Nisar summons IGP Punjab, DCO Lahore in land grabbing case
During the hearing of a case regarding the illegal possession of land by Mansha Bomb, the top judge scolded the connivance of police with the land mafia.
'Police should be ashamed of its role, it gets abused but even then backs mafias,' the top judge remarked.
Addressing the DIG Operation in the courtroom, the chief justice categorically remarked that police were colluding with the mafia.
'What is your relation with Mansha Bomb, why are you siding with him,' the top judge asked Waqas Nazir.
In point-blank remarks, the chief justice observed that the bench was summoning Mansha Bomb, Afzal Khokhar, Karamat Khokhar and whoever influencing the case.
He wondered as to why Mansha Bomb was not being bridled directing that Mansha would be produced before the court.
The top judge directed the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) to present the report by 12 midnight after handing over possession to the deserving ones.
'Is this the police of Naya Pakistan,' wondered the top judge posing mistrust in the law enforcers working under the command of Sardar Usman Ahmed Buzdar, the chief minister of Punjab.
Malik Mansha Khokhar alias Mansha Bomb was arrested from the Supreme Court premises in October.
Khokhar, who is wanted by the law enforcement agencies in over 70 cases of land encroachment, murder and attempted murder, is allegedly the leader of a land mafia operating in Johar Town, Lahore.
Khokhar claims that he had never grabbed any land illegally. “I have not grabbed anyone’s land and have documentary evidence to prove that the land I own belongs to my father,” he said.
“I am being treated unfairly and want justice to be done,” Khokhar said, claiming that former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif filed bogus cases against him.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022