UBL President & CEO awarded Honorary Doctorate by Kingston University
KARACHI - Ms Sima Kamil, President & CEO UBL was conferred an Honorary Degree of ‘Doctor of the University Honoris Causa’ by the Kingston University in London
Ms Sima Kamil, President & CEO UBL was recently conferred with the prestigious honorary degree of ‘Doctor of the University Honoris Causa’ by the Kingston University in London. The doctorate was awarded at the graduation ceremony of the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences held at the University. Ms. Kamil is a Kingston University alumna.
The honorary degree has been awarded to Ms. Kamil for her outstanding contribution to diversity in business leadership.
Vice-Chancellor of Kingston University, Professor Steven Spier, while commenting on the occasion, said, “We are delighted and honoured to count Ms Sima Kamil as one of our esteemed community of Honorary Graduates. Ms Kamil’s career and extraordinary success are an inspiration to all of our students, to have achieved what she has achieved in the culture in which she lives is impressive. She is a role model for aspiring women in business.”
She has led an illustrious career in senior positions in the field of banking and is currently President & CEO of UBL, a leading bank of Pakistan. While receiving her degree she said that this is a singular honor. She talked about how her career in banking has been challenging and exciting and advised the students at the ceremony to work hard, be prepared, take risks and grab opportunities.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019