First transgender ward inaugurated at PIMS
ISLAMABAD - Human Rights Minister Dr Shireen Mazari along with Federal Minister for National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination, Aamir Mehmood Kiyani inaugurated a separate ward for transgender community at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) on Saturday.
At this new ward at PIMS, the leading public hospital in the federal capital, a doctor will be dedicated to transgender patients, who will also be provided with medicines and other facilities in the hospital without any cost and discrimination.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Shireen Mazari said that securing human rights of people is our top priority. She said that the government is taking indiscriminate measures to ensure human rights and provision of basic health facilities to all our citizens.
Shireen Mazari appreciated the Health Minister Aamir Mehmood Kiani for taking the step. She said all provincial health ministers have been asked to establish separate wards for transgender and ensure best possible health facilities.
Pakistan's first-ever shelter home for ... 07:22 PM | 26 Apr, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan's first shelter facility/old-age home for the transgender community was established in Punjab's ...
Kiani, the federal health minister, also inaugurated a new emergency room at the cardiac centre of the hospital which will contribute to reduce the patients’ burden on the PIMS. The hospital has also been provided with nuclear cardiology department.
The minister, on the occasion, also announced that the government will issue 20 million health cards to the people living below poverty line in the month of January, while four new hospitals will be established in Islamabad.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020