First transgender ward inaugurated at PIMS
ISLAMABAD - Human Rights Minister Dr Shireen Mazari along with Federal Minister for National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination, Aamir Mehmood Kiyani inaugurated a separate ward for transgender community at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) on Saturday.
At this new ward at PIMS , the leading public hospital in the federal capital, a doctor will be dedicated to transgender patients, who will also be provided with medicines and other facilities in the hospital without any cost and discrimination.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Shireen Mazari said that securing human rights of people is our top priority. She said that the government is taking indiscriminate measures to ensure human rights and provision of basic health facilities to all our citizens.
Shireen Mazari appreciated the Health Minister Aamir Mehmood Kiani for taking the step. She said all provincial health ministers have been asked to establish separate wards for transgender and ensure best possible health facilities.
Pakistan's first-ever shelter home for ... 07:22 PM | 26 Apr, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan's first shelter facility/old-age home for the transgender community was established in Punjab's ...
Kiani, the federal health minister, also inaugurated a new emergency room at the cardiac centre of the hospital which will contribute to reduce the patients’ burden on the PIMS . The hospital has also been provided with nuclear cardiology department.
The minister, on the occasion, also announced that the government will issue 20 million health cards to the people living below poverty line in the month of January, while four new hospitals will be established in Islamabad .
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019