US Navy Yard closed after shooting reported inside
An employee who is inside the facility says that alarms are sounding around the site and buildings are currently in lockdown, WUSA reports.
An official says that shots were fired in a building on the campus.
Navy spokesman Petty Officer 1st Class Pedro Rodriguez says a lockdown is underway. However, he did not give any information concerning any injuries or other details.
Navy security sources say police are currently looking for two gunmen at the Navy Yard, WUSA reports.
There may be at least one victim following the shootings, a Fox journalist tweeted, citing a source. These claims have yet to be confirmed, while it is also not clear if the potential victim is the gunman.
The US Navy says on Twitter that buildings in the complex are on lockdown, but no incidents can be confirmed yet.
In September 2013, Aaron Alexis went on a killing spree at the Navy Yard killing 12 people. He was eventually shot dead by police. This was the second-deadliest shooting at a US military base after the Fort Hood shootings in 2009.
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- France forgives Pakistani minister for ‘insulting’ tweet10:00 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Gang of poachers smuggling Leopard skins busted in KPK08:41 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020