Careem offers BOAT for ride as heavy rains turn Lahore into 'Venice'
It is, however, unclear whether Careem has collaborated with professionals or it is using its existing networks of Captains to sail through the city along with rain-hit passengers.
The company, which competes against Uber Technologies Inc. offering car, motorcycle and rickshaw rides in South Asia’s second-largest economy, already operates the 'Water-Taxi' service in Middle Eastern and African countries including Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
Record breaking rain kills 6 in Lahore, brings ... 03:10 PM | 3 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - As the heavy rain is still continuing to lash Lahore among other cities of Punjab since Monday night, at least ...
Established in 2012, Careem now operates in more than 90 cities across more than 13 countries, and boasts over 15 million users and 500,000 Captains (drivers) in the broader Middle East, Turkey and Pakistan region.
The Dubai-based company operates in 13 Pakistani cities including Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Hyderabad, Multan, Gujranwala, Sialkot, Abbottabad, Sargodha, Mardan and Quetta.
- Pakistani filmmakers invited to submit their work for Oscar Award08:16 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Another fuel price hike likely as Pakistan set to raise petroleum ...07:52 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan, UK ink agreement for repatriation of convicted criminals07:44 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- TikTok star Romaisa Khan's new dance video goes viral07:10 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photos set internet on fire05:34 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022