Srinagar police officer gets hitched to girl from Muzaffarabad
Owais Geelani, a sub-inspector with the Jammu and Kashmir Police, married with Faiza Geelani, a resident of Muzaffarabad. The ceremony was kept simple due to unrest in restive region on Tuesday.
The father of groom detailed about the unexpected bonding between the two families.
“The wedding ceremony had to be canceled several times due to the prevailing situation during which the bus service was suspended for many days. Finally, when the bus service resumed, the bride and her close family members arrived here on Monday for the function” Shabir Geelani told Dawn.
The bride Faiza holds a postgraduate degree in education, planning and management.
The father of Groom Shabir Geelani, who himself retired from police department as SSP in 2014 maintained that marriages like these would help bring the two parts of Kashmir closer.
The ecstatic families now in a unison urged the need for stronger ties between the two regions, Azad Kashmir and Indian-occupied Kashmir.
- Indian 'Gutka Man' who sparks meme fest says ‘I wasn't eating ...01:07 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan rejects RSS chief's provocative, irresponsible remarks on ...12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KMC launches drive-in cinema in Karachi’s Clifton11:56 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Local Government Amendment bill passed amid ruckus in Sindh Assembly11:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- AGP detects financial irregularities of Rs40bn in PM's Covid relief ...10:53 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021