Srinagar police officer gets hitched to girl from Muzaffarabad
Owais Geelani, a sub-inspector with the Jammu and Kashmir Police, married with Faiza Geelani, a resident of Muzaffarabad. The ceremony was kept simple due to unrest in restive region on Tuesday.
The father of groom detailed about the unexpected bonding between the two families.
“The wedding ceremony had to be canceled several times due to the prevailing situation during which the bus service was suspended for many days. Finally, when the bus service resumed, the bride and her close family members arrived here on Monday for the function” Shabir Geelani told Dawn.
The bride Faiza holds a postgraduate degree in education, planning and management.
The father of Groom Shabir Geelani, who himself retired from police department as SSP in 2014 maintained that marriages like these would help bring the two parts of Kashmir closer.
The ecstatic families now in a unison urged the need for stronger ties between the two regions, Azad Kashmir and Indian-occupied Kashmir.
- Sheikh Rashid to watch Pak-India T20 match in Dubai04:20 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi, DG ISI in Kabul to discuss bilateral ties with ...03:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Interior minister updates PM Imran on law & order, security03:25 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam glow at their dreamy mayoun ceremony01:11 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021