Nawaz Sharif takes notice of hockey team bad performance
He asked the sports ministry and the Pakistan Hockey Federation to submit a report of clarification.
The prime minister said the poor performance of the team is very painful for the nation.
He asked the federation and the ministry to clarify the reasons of the team’s failure who had won three Olympic gold medals in the past.
Mian Nawaz Sharif has also formed a five-member committee to probe the matter and asked to submit its report within a week, Geo News reported.
On his directive, federal minister for inter-provincial coordination (IPC) Riaz Pirzada formed the committee headed by secretary IPC Ijaz Chaudhry.
Other members of the committee are Col (retired) Mudassar Asghar, Shahbaz Ahmed Sr, Khwaja Mohammad Junaid and DG Pakistan Sports Board.
The committee will submit its report on the reasons of the team’s failure and also give its suggestions for the betterment of the game.
- 70 endangered falcons die in custody of Karachi Customs03:59 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Punjab Health minister tests positive for Covid-19 for the second ...01:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech welcome their first child01:18 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021