Dr Zakir Naik likely to be extradited to India soon
"He is out of the country tonight. He will be taking a flight to India today I believe," Malaysian government sources told Indian media outlets.
Zakir had dashed to Malaysia in 2016; he was residing in Putrajaya after the Modi regime ramped up pressure on him for his alleged hate speeches.
Breaking from Kuala Lumpur #ZakirNaik to return to India tonight. Govt sources here- he will leave Malaysia today. We believe he is going to India— sunetra choudhury (@sunetrac) July 4, 2018
The 'Peace TV' scholar was accused of inciting ISIS militants who then carried out the 2016 Dhaka attack - a claim vehemently denied by Zakir Naik.
Dr Naik has rejected these allegations and said, “I disagree that I inspired this act of killing innocent people,” declaring that “terrorism is Devil-ish”.
Naik told The Indian Express that he condemns the attack. “By using the name Islamic State, we are condemning Islam… They are the anti-Islamic state of Iraq and Syria that has killed innocent foreigners. The name is given by enemies of Islam,” he said.
Naik, in an open letter, had urged the government to be “truthful with facts” in their investigation.
India has been after the scholar after the attacks. It had also attached properties worth Rs 183.7 million in the form of mutual funds, real estate properties and bank balances of Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) - an entity belonging to him and having huge fan base in India.
The website of IRF foundation has also been blocked besides conducting raids at its offices across Mumbai. IRF had also been banned by India for five years, last year.
- Kashmir will be free soon: PM Imran04:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020