PM Nawaz assures Modi of Pakistan's support in Pathankot probe
The premier, who is on three-day visit to Sri Lanka, called Modi from Colombo at 3.30pm and condemned the Pathankot attack.
“Pakistan will stand by India in fighting terror,” said Nawaz Sharif “while conveying sorrow and grief on the loss of lives in the terror attack, a PM House statement said.
The Pakistani leader stated that terrorists always try to derail the peace process between the two countries.
“Pakistan will investigate in detail on the leads and information provided by the government of India. Both the premiers showed resolve to fight out terrorism together through mutual cooperation,” the statement added.
Urging Islamabad to take immediate action after the attack, Modi “strongly emphasised the need for Pakistan to take firm and immediate action against the organisations and individuals responsible for and linked to the Pathankot terrorist attack,” the Indian government said in a statement.
He also shared with PM Nawaz India's angst over Pathankot terror attack.
On Monday, India’s national security adviser Ajit Doval had shared 'leads' with his Pakistani counterpart Lt Gen (r) Nasir Janjua and sought credible action on them.
Pakistan foreign office in a statement released on Monday had said that it is working on the leads shared by India.
The statement came hours after a Kashmiri separatists’ alliance, the UJC, claimed responsibility for the Pathankot attack, although the Indian media insists the attackers were members of the banned Jaish-e-Muhammad militant group.
The United States on Tuesday said it ‘expects’ Pakistan to act against Indian air base attackers and target militant groups.
Moreover, Modi held a meeting with top officials, including national security adviser Ajit Doval and foreign secretary S Jaishankar to discuss the incident.
Sources say foreign secretary level talks between India and Pakistan are likely to go ahead as scheduled.
- Punjab governor, wife volunteer for COVID-19 vaccine trial10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian FAKE NEWS about 'transfer of foreign ...08:41 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Minor girl tortured by employers in Faisalabad (VIDEO)08:11 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- No NRO-like deal for corrupt leaders, PM tells Hamza Ali Abbasi in ...08:01 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020