Nawaz Sharif heads to London ahead of indictment
Nawaz Sharif boarded flight PK-757 to depart for London where he would be joining his ailing wife Kulsoom Nawaz who was recently discharged from hospital after three successful surgeries for lymphoma.
According to a copy of his return ticket, the PML-N president is scheduled to return to the country next year on January 5.
Interestingly, Nawaz Sharif's mother, Shamim Akhter headed to Jeddah last night.
The former premier arrived back in Pakistan last Monday and showed up in an accountability court the very next day after which it was announced that he would be indicted on October 2nd.
The accountability court, however, did not indict him due to the absence of his children and son-in-law who are also co-defenders in the references filed by National Accountability Bureau.
The court had set October 9 for his indictment besides issuing bailable arrest warrants for Maryam Nawaz and non-bailable arrest warrants against Hassan, Hussain Nawaz and Captain Safdar.
The scions of Nawaz Sharif, Hassan, Hussain and Maryam are already in the British capital to take care of their mother.
- Sara Ali Khan and Janhvi Kapoor's workout video takes the Internet by ...02:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan secures spot on three key United Nations bodies02:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan marks Allama Iqbal’s 83rd death anniversary01:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- NAB summons Punjab Minister Aslam Iqbal, Samiullah Ch in sugar scam01:43 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Syra Yousaf’s birthday bash photos go viral06:02 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021