Nawaz Sharif heads to London ahead of indictment
Nawaz Sharif boarded flight PK-757 to depart for London where he would be joining his ailing wife Kulsoom Nawaz who was recently discharged from hospital after three successful surgeries for lymphoma.
According to a copy of his return ticket, the PML-N president is scheduled to return to the country next year on January 5.
Interestingly, Nawaz Sharif's mother, Shamim Akhter headed to Jeddah last night.
The former premier arrived back in Pakistan last Monday and showed up in an accountability court the very next day after which it was announced that he would be indicted on October 2nd.
The accountability court, however, did not indict him due to the absence of his children and son-in-law who are also co-defenders in the references filed by National Accountability Bureau.
The court had set October 9 for his indictment besides issuing bailable arrest warrants for Maryam Nawaz and non-bailable arrest warrants against Hassan, Hussain Nawaz and Captain Safdar.
The scions of Nawaz Sharif, Hassan, Hussain and Maryam are already in the British capital to take care of their mother.
- Pakistan hosts roundtable discussion with ASEAN Heads of Missions11:35 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Lahore college lecturer killed after kite string slits throat11:02 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Twitter reminds PM Imran of his 'respect' for Chaudhry brothers as ...10:11 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Zarb-e-Hadeed – COAS Bajwa visits field training area in Cholistan ...09:25 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021