Nawaz Sharif heads to London ahead of indictment
LAHORE - Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif headed to London via Pakistan International Airlines a short while ago, days before he is to be indicted by accountability court in references filed by National Accountability Bureau.
Nawaz Sharif boarded flight PK-757 to depart for London where he would be joining his ailing wife Kulsoom Nawaz who was recently discharged from hospital after three successful surgeries for lymphoma.
According to a copy of his return ticket, the PML-N president is scheduled to return to the country next year on January 5.
Interestingly, Nawaz Sharif's mother, Shamim Akhter headed to Jeddah last night.
The former premier arrived back in Pakistan last Monday and showed up in an accountability court the very next day after which it was announced that he would be indicted on October 2nd.
The accountability court, however, did not indict him due to the absence of his children and son-in-law who are also co-defenders in the references filed by National Accountability Bureau.
The court had set October 9 for his indictment besides issuing bailable arrest warrants for Maryam Nawaz and non-bailable arrest warrants against Hassan, Hussain Nawaz and Captain Safdar.
The scions of Nawaz Sharif, Hassan, Hussain and Maryam are already in the British capital to take care of their mother.
- Iran drops India from Chabahar rail project01:53 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- AC decides to indict Zardari in Thatta water supply case on August 412:52 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Danish Taimoor pens an emotional birthday note for his daughter ...07:25 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020