PM Abbasi for boosting agriculture productivity
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has directed Ministry of National Food Security and Research to adopt effective work on a policy framework to boost up the agricultural sector in the country.
He was addressing a meeting of National Food Security and Research Ministry in Islamabad on Tuesday.
The Prime Minister said small farmers should be the focus of our agriculture policy so as to provide maximum facilitation.
Minister for National Food Security and Research Sikandar Hayat Khan Bosan and senior officials of the ministry briefed the Prime Minister regarding overall outlook of the sector, achievements of the ministry and challenges faced by the agriculture sector.
The Prime Minister was briefed that presently the agriculture sector is contributing 19.5 percent to the GDP of the country and around 42% labor force is employed in the sector.
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019