Cricket World Cup 2019: India defeat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
LONDON – India brushed aside Sri Lanka by 7 wickets in 44th one-day international (ODI) of the Cricket World Cup 2019 at the Yorkshire Cricket Ground in Leeds on Saturday.
Sri Lanka won the toss and posted a 264-run total against India as Angelo Mathews scored 113 runs while Lahiru Thirimanne scored 53 runs; Jasprit Bumrah took 3 wickets.
In response, India clinched the target easily in 44th over as K.L Rahul scored 111 while Rohit Sharma posted 103 runs; Kasun Rajitha, Isuru Udana and Lasith Malinga took one wicket each for Sri Lanka
India had rested Shami, who is replaced by Jadeja. Kuldeep comes in for Chahal as Kohli rotates his wrist spinners.
Sri Lanka stiffens their seam attack, and their lower order, by bringing in Thisara Perera for Jeffrey Vandersay.
Team India - Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli (capt), Rishabh Pant, MS Dhoni (wkt), Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah
Team Sri Lanka - Dimuth Karunaratne (capt), Kusal Perera (wkt), Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Lahiru Thirimanne, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera, Isuru Udana, Lasith Malinga, Kasun Rajitha.
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- President Trump to visit Pakistan soon: FM Qureshi03:41 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019