SBP, KSE, banks to remain open on Iqbal Day
The central bank, in a short statement issued here, said as far as banking activities are concerned it would be business as usual on Iqbal Day as the government of Pakistan has declared it a working day.
The KSE would also be open for business on that day, said a notification issued by the apex bourse.
Last week, the government did away with national holiday on the birth anniversary of Allama Muhammad Iqbal which observed on November 9.
November 9, (Monday) will be a working day, said a statement issued by the Interior Minister, adding all the offices and education institutes would remain open as per routine .
There interior ministry didn’t elaborate on the reason behind the government’s decision.
Iqbal was a poet, philosopher, and politician and is widely regarded as having inspired the Pakistan Movement.
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021