No More Deadlocks: Afghan president, Indian foreign minister to visit Pakistan, says Sartaj Aziz
Talking to newsmen in Islamabad, Sartaj Aziz said that there have been breakthroughs in dialogue with Afghanistan and India and the Pakistani relationship with two countries will now further be strengthened.
He went on to say that during her visit Sushma Swaraj will hold meetings with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and top officials of foreign minister apart from attending the multinational summit.
Matters of conflict between Pakistan and India are expected to be discussed in the meeting and a road map will be devised to resume the composite bilateral dialogue during the visit, he said.
When asked whether the proposed Pakistan-India Cricket series was also discussed in NSAs meeting in Bangkok, Sartaj Aziz said that the meeting remained confined to matters related to national security and mutual ties.
The Heart of Asia-Istanbul event is being hosted by Pakistan and Afghanistan jointly and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani are expected to jointly inaugurate the opening session in Islamabad.
The two day ministerial meeting will discuss the key issues related to regional and national security including an exclusive discussion on Afghanistan.
- PAKVSNZ: Six Pakistani cricket players test coronavirus positive11:41 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tests positive for coronavirus10:01 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 26 November 202009:34 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:27 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020