REVIEW: Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 - a trendy power pack for youth
The smartphone is an ideal handset to be considered if you are looking for a device with notch screen, dual-camera setup, and trendy two-tone colour within a reasonable price range in Pakistan.
Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 key features
- Body: Glossy finish two-tone colour Plastic uni-body design
- Screen: 6.26-inch IPS LCD with 720 x 1520 resolution (269 PPI), 19:9 aspect ratio and dew-drop notch
- OS: Android OS 8.1 Oreo with customized EMUI 8.2
- Chipset: Snapdragon 450 chipset: octa-core 1.8GHz Cortex-A53 processor; Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM: 3GB
- Camera: Dual 13MP +2 MP camera;, bokeh effects, LED flash, phase detection autofocus, 1080p@30fps video
- Front Facing Camera: 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Storage: 32GB of built-in storage (expandable with MicroSD up to 512GB )
- SIM: Dual-SIM
- Connectivity: LTE; Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Bluetooth v4.2, Micro-USB 2.0 port
- Battery: 4,000mAh non-removable battery
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Face-Unlock
- Price: Rs28,999
Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Live Unboxing and First Impression The smartphone is available for Rs28,999 with 4,000mAh battery, dual back camera setup and much more. #HuaweiPakistan #HuaweiY7Prime2019Posted by Daily Pakistan Global on Monday, February 4, 2019
Huawei Y7 looks trendy and up-to-date in terms of design and offers a glossy feel and looks solid in construction and round bezels. At 8.1mm, it is still quite slim and the device weighs 155-gram weight feels great in the hand.
On the front, there is a 6.26-inch, HD+ IPS LCD screen. The top bezel is home to the 16MP front-facing camera in a dew-drop notch style and earpiece, while the bottom bezel features Huawei branding.
Its rear side features a super-fast and very reliable fingerprint scanner, as well as a dual 13+2-megapixel camera setup in verticle style with an LED flash.
The left-hand edge is home to a SIM and expandable memory tray which can accept two SIMs a microSD card while on the opposite side you can find the power and volume rocker.
At the bottom, there’s a Micro USB 2.0 port, a single speaker and a microphone; on a top of the smartphone, there's a 3.5mm headphone socket and secondary microphone.
However, the device gives some plastic feel and the back of the device is also a fingerprint magnet.
The Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 is equipped with 6.26-inch IPS LCD dew-drop notch display, which gives 720 x 1520 pixels resolution and 19:9 ratio with rounded bezels at the top.
The HD display delivers crisp visuals and excellent contrast for day to day usage, with a pixel density of 269 PPI (Pixels per inch) densities.
As this is the mid-range budget device so the smartphones don’t feature a 1080p screen.
The phone’s display is reasonably bright, but it looks slightly washed out when compared to some of the better LCD panels on the market and the legibility in direct sunlight isn’t brilliant.
Overall, the display gives a good feeling at first glance due to its bezel-less body.
The Y7 Prime 2019 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 450 chipset which has been built on a 14 nm manufacturing process, Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53, Adreno 506 GPU and, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage and 4000 mAh non-removable battery.
Huawei has always followed the latest market trend and tried to provide it even in its mid-range smartphones too.
Like its predecessor, the company has introduced dual 13MP main sensor + 2MP depth sensor on the back of the smartphone in verticle style along with LED flash. The cameras’ wide aperture is capable enough to produce depth effect (Bokeh effect).
Its rear-facing cameras can record 1080p videos @30FPS.
The Y7 Prime 2019 uses Huawei’s proprietary camera application. There are nine filters available with live previews. The camera also offers a number of different shooting modes – Panorama, Video, HDR, Watermark, Document, and Good Food.
Just like the rear cameras, the 16-Megapixel front camera has an LED flash which allows you to take selfies in low light. Huawei has generally always prioritised its camera quality.
Moreover, similar to flagship devices Huawei has also include AR-Filters in the Y7.
Performance and Battery Life
Y7 Prime 2019 is equipped with an Octa-core 1.8 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Processor with Adreno 506 GPU which is a budget processor.
In our review test, the smartphone is capable enough to run most mid-range games without any lag, we have tried the high-end games like PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), the game runs smoothly on the low setting but on its high resolution, the smartphone lags.
As this is the budget device so we did not expect too much in 3D games experience.
There were no visible lag or performance hits while carrying out day to day tasks like opening/closing applications and multitasking a few tasks in the background.
On Geekbench 4 benchmark the phone delivers 767 on Single-Core and 3783 on Muti-Core Score which is higher than last year's Y7.
The Y7 Prime 2019 gives benchmark score of 73273 in AnTuTu ratings much higher than the predecessor.
With a 4,000mAh battery, this phone provides a pretty decent battery life. It provides enough power to easily get through a day-and-a-half with moderate to heavy usage.
However, the charging time is slightly slow as the device comes out of the box with a 5V 2A charger.
The phone has many advantages over its competitors. Firstly, the phone features a notch display and a huge battery at a reduced price. Moreover, it has a bigger screen, a better front camera, improved Operating System and is perfect for daily use.
On the downside, no USB type C is available, fast charging is also not supporting the gadget and the 10W charger provided by the firm is too low rated to energize such mid-range phone.
However, the device is perfect for normal daily usage.
Disclaimer: The review is based on a 7 days usage. Customers may find a slight difference in their usage, however, majorly the phone is quite responsive and highly recommended.
- #Pakistan installs first high speed #4G #mobiletower at #K2 base camp11:12 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran to break ground of Jalozai housing scheme during KP visit ...10:34 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Pakistan, Zimbabwe to lock horns in first T20I today10:19 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-21-Updated ...09:36 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan reports 5,499 new cases, 148 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:09 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021